Position: Development Operations Assistant
Reports to: Director of Development Operations
Status: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Location: Brookline, MA
Start date: July 1, 2017
The Development Operations Assistant will be responsible for supporting stewardship functions at Facing History. As part of the Gift Processing Team, s/he will work to enter donation data and acknowledge donors in a timely fashion. S/he will support the Senior Director, Leadership Giving Programs with all stewardship activities, including the direct mail program, planned giving, and donor recognition programs.
Gift Processing (60%)
· Process gifts by entering relevant data into Salesforce and producing acknowledgement letters
· Maintain data integrity of all gifts in Salesforce through daily cleanup
· Fulfill requests for additional letter copies and reissues
· Maintain in-kind donation data and coordinate with regional staff on data entry
· Monitor the monthly giving program and issue year-end receipts to monthly donors
· Coordinate with Finance and regional staff on credit card errors and gift anomalies
· Support Headquarters and regional staff on gift processing procedures
· Ensure data accuracy in Salesforce by monitoring, cleaning and deduping Salesforce records
· Collaborate with the Development Operations Team to create and maintain documentation for gift processing procedures
· Maintain gift paperwork and acknowledgement letter archive
· Manage and report on tribute notifications for gifts made in honor or memory
· Coordinate drafting and distribution of pledge reminders with both headquarters and regional staff on a monthly basis
· Email Development staff with daily gift updates
· Support the Finance and Operations department with pulling paperwork as needed
· Liase with donors as needed
Leadership Giving Programs Support (40%)
· Support the production of direct mail pieces and other giving program mailings and emails, including managing mailing lists, coordinating internal content development with the Development and Public Engagement teams, and working with vendors to maintain timeline and budget
· On a monthly basis, produce payment reminder letters for payments due or outstanding
· Coordinate weekly thank you call process for the Chief Executive Officer and Chief Development Officer, including gathering talking points from portfolio managers and tracking call activity in Salesforce
· Coordinate personalization efforts for acknowledgment of gifts from new and increased donors or to special programs
· Manage and maintain planned giving program data, including prospect and gift lists
· Support the Director, Development Operations in maintaining accurate donor recognition information in Salesforce; produce recognition lists as needed for use with benefit dinner and other materials
· Assist the Senior Director, Leadership Giving Programs with updating, running, and distributing leadership giving program metrics on a monthly basis
· Support the Senior Director, Leadership Giving Programs on implementation of new stewardship functions as needed
· Other tasks as assigned
· BA/BS or equivalent, internship experience in a non profit setting preferred
· Interest in and ability to articulate the mission of Facing History and Ourselves
· Salesforce or gift processing exposure preferred
· Comfort with technology and learning new platforms a must
· Creative energy, self-starting; ability to manage multiple assignments in a busy non-profit setting
· Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as organizational skills
· Excellent computer skills, including experience with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Word and Excel
· Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
· Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with the company's values.
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent and competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life & long-term disability insurance, a 403(b) program with a discretionary organizational contribution, generous paid time off, an employee assistance plan & a travel assistance plan, pre-tax Transit-pass program, flexible spending health care and dependent care accounts, 4 voluntary Aflac plans, limited free parking and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please submit your cover letter and resume below. Job posted until filled.
*Older versions of the Safari browser may not be compatible with this application form.